Planned ground investigations works in Portsmouth
Planned ground investigation works in Portsmouth
Ground Investigation (GI) works are planned at a number of locations in Portsmouth in order to consider the potential for variations to the proposed underground cable route of AQUIND Interconnector.
The GI works are necessary in order to identify and assess potential alternative cable routes which will minimise the impact of the project on the local community and the local road network. This approach responds directly to the feedback received from AQUIND’s Public Consultation Events held in January 2018.
The whole package of GI works is scheduled to commence on 23rd July 2018 and will go on for a period of 6-8 weeks, although individual locations will mostly only be affected for a few hours. The AQUIND project team is liaising closely with all landowners affected by the works.
Alongside the GI works, the AQUIND project team is continuing to engage with a large number of stakeholders in relation to the project. This includes local authority officers, regulators, elected officials, advisory bodies, community groups, landowners and suppliers.
Any questions with regards to the works or the project more generally should be directed to the project’s communication engagement team using the contact details on the right-hand side of this page.
A full list of the GI survey points is provided below. To view a location map, simply follow the relevant link.
Location of GI Survey Points
- Grass verge by the junction of the B2177 and A3 on Portsdown Hill
- Entrance to park located west of Farlington Avenue
- Northern corner of Zetland Field, east of Eastern Road
- Grass verge by junction of Grove Road and Eastern Road
- Playing fields by Holiday Inn Express and grassed area by Holiday Inn
- Grassed area west of Eastern Road Bridge
- Road verge east of Eastern Road, by junction with Anchorage Road
- Grassed area east of junction of Eastern Road and Airport Service Road
- South of junction of Eastern Road and Burrfields Road
- East of Eastern Road, north of the junction of Eastern Road and Tangier Road
- In the verge of Milton Common, east of Eastern Road
- Grass verge by Esso on Milton Road
- Milton Park
- Bransbury Park
- Bransbury Park
- Grass verge by junction of Henderson Road and Fort Cumberland Road
- Fort Cumberland Road and public car park by entrance to Fraser Ranges